Sunday, October 16, 2011

One of my favorite cool-weather activities:

Even if it still was 88 degrees in Austin today. I digress. About 20 years ago, my MamMam Arbogast taught me to crochet. I unfortunately allowed the skill to go by the wayside for the last 18 years; however, I picked it up again recently and have enjoyed making a variety of things for myself and others. Up until this weekend, I've been a strictly "by the book" crocheter (*wondering if that's a real word*). I wanted to branch out: stretch my creative muscles. I trolled the internet in hopes of finding just the right next project. I came up... Dry... Dry as a bone. So a put in a new google search for "creating crochet patterns." I found that if I utilize my creative power and my husband's skill with the Adobe Suite, I, too, can create my own Color Block Pattern. The theme and project, you ask? Harry Potter Afghan. Duh.

I decided to start simply to test my skills.
Admittedly, it's not my best work, but I have high hopes that my skills will continue to increase. I have some ideas for the rest of the pieces, but let me know what your thoughts are!

No comments:

Post a Comment